Nasya is an ayurvedic practice that encourages nasal administration of medicinal herbs, decoctions, and oils. It includes instillation of herbal oils through the nasal passage followed by a steam to loosen the toxins deposits in the nasal route and getting rid of it. It benefits the brain, eyes, ears, nose, jaw bone and scalp hair.
The nose is the door to consciousness and the pathway to our inner pharmacy. Medications that are administered via the nasal passages affect the mind, pranavata, tarpak Kapha, sadhak pitta and majja dhatu.
As we all know, an olfactory bulb in the brain is directly connected to the external environment through the olfactory nerve and its neuron in the nasal cavity. Respiratory mucosa in the nasal cavity absorbs the medicines making it systemic very quickly. Nasya is done for 3 to 8 days as advised generally with follow-up afterward.
- Treats rhinitis and upper respiratory tract infections
- Relieves stiffness or pain of head, neck or jaw
- Helps with headaches and migraines
- Indicated positive results in improving sinus pain and congestion.
- Very useful in toothache, loose teeth, receding gums, hoarseness of voice.
- Very helpful in twitching or drooping eyelids, tingling sensations on the face, throat obstruction, tonsillitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, speech disorders and loss of speech, facial paralysis, goiter
- Have shown great results in glaucoma, pituitary or space-occupying tumor
- Reduce and prevent graying of hair and hair fall
- Improves endocrine functions