Knee pain is one of the most common health issues we encounter in the modern era. It disturbs our day to day activities and makes us feel crippled. It is often associated with stiffness, swelling, burning sensation, click sounds and limitation of movements.
The knee joint is called “Janu Sandhi” in Sanskrit; hence the name “Janu-Vasti” is given to the procedure done on the knee joints. Among all other therapies known for treating/curing chronic knee or joint pain, Janu Vasti is the most popular. In this treatment, warm medicated oil is retained in the knee joint by making a ring or dough wall with kneaded gram flour. It provides magical relief from pain and stiffness associated with knee problems.
- Improves oxygen circulation
- Treats sports injuries
- Pacifies aggravated Vata – Dosha in the knee region
- Lubricates the knee joint and improves mobility
- Reduces stiffness and relieves off any associated pain
- Protects the knee joint from any age-related changes
- Increases blood circulation in the affected area
- Helps in reducing osteoarthritis of knee joint, patella-femoral pain and runner’s syndrome