Udhwarthanam is one such procedure that helps your skin stay healthy and glowing with your body getting rid of most of its excessive fat. This incorporates a massage focused on releasing toxins, followed by application of a purifying herbal compound that gets through the skin into the bloodstream. Afterward, toxins are sweated out through steam/sweat therapy and then a flower or milk lotion is applied to clean and nourish the body. It is similar to other types of massages except in the direction of massage. Hence medicated powder is rubbed whole over the body from bottom to top. The powder is massaged in a circular manner starting from the foot.
- Excellent for weight reduction.
- Promotes healthy skin and vibrant complexion.
- Prevents and reduces wrinkles
- Cures dryness of the skin
- Cures diseases caused by the accumulation of metabolic waste due to improper functioning of sweat glands.
- Reduces excess sweating, discoloration of the skin.
- Removes the foul smell of the body.
- Promotes healthy skin.
- Gives stability and lightness to the body.
- This process also helps in curing skin problems and improves the quality of the skin because of the vigorous exfoliation. It is known to help reduce cellulite, remove blemishes and even reduce skin wrinkles by increasing moisture retention on the skin.
- Improved circulation leads to detoxification which benefits clogged sweat glands.
- It is also helpful in Rheumatoid arthritis, Paralysis, and high cholesterol levels.