Kati Vasti – Relieving back pain the professional way
To achieve a balanced state of body, mind, and consciousness, Ayurveda prescribes purification therapy. Kativasti is one of the purification therapies. The word “Kati” refers to the lower abdomen area and the waist. The process of holding the warm oil in the region that has been affected is known as Vasti. Therefore, Kativasti refers to the process of applying warm ayurvedic oil on the waist and other portions of the spine. As per Ayurveda, sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy or wrong diet regimen results in poor metabolism, which produces undigested food toxins. Higher accumulation of toxins into the body plays a major role in backache. It is necessary to detoxify your body after regular intervals because, with detoxification, you not only get rid of dangerous toxins from the body but also increase the vitality of your body.
The person is asked to lie down on the bed and the oil is applied on the affected part especially the lumbosacral region. Therefore, the reservoir is built around the affected area. The reservoir is of black gram dough. Medicinal oil is poured into it. The temperature of the oil is kept constant and is made to pour on the body for some 30-40 minutes and finally, the oil is gently massaged over the body.
Benefits of Kativasti therapy:
- It provides strength to the back muscles and joints and maintains the curve of the spine
- It is effective for any kind of back pain or spine-related disorders
- Improves blood circulation in the region
- It removes pain related to fractures, dislocations, and tumors
- It alleviates numbness due to Sciatica nerve compression
- It alleviates lower back conditions like lumbar spondylosis, intervertebral disc prolapse, lumbago