Nasya is an ayurvedic practice that encourages nasal administration of medicinal herbs, decoctions, and oils. Administered by herbally infused oil or Nasya helps facilitate the cleaning process.
The nose is the door to consciousness and the pathway to our inner pharmacy. Medications that are administered via the nasal passages affect the mind, pranavata, tarpak Kapha, sadhak pitta and majja dhatu.
Mode of action:
As we all know, an olfactory bulb in the brain is directly connected to the external environment through the olfactory nerve and its neuron in the nasal cavity. Respiratory mucosa in the nasal cavity absorbs the medicines making it systemic very quickly. Nasya is done for 3 to 8 days as advised generally with follow-up afterward.
- Relieves stiffness or pain of head, neck or jaw.
- Helps with headaches and migraines.
- Indicated in sinus pain and congestion.
- Very useful in toothache, loose teeth, receding gums, hoarseness of voice.
- It is traditionally said to improve quality of voice, strengthen the vision and provide mental clarity.
- Very helpful in twitching or drooping eyelids, tingling sensations on the face, throat obstruction, tonsillitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, speech disorders and loss of speech, facial paralysis, goiter.
- Have shown results in glaucoma, pituitary or space-occupying tumor.
- Very beneficial in depleted sexual energy.
- Reduce and prevent graying of hair and hair fall.
- Improves endocrine functions due to Nasya therapy.